Before accessing and using the Royal Canin Sites, please read these Terms carefully because they constitute a legal agreement between Royal Canin and you. BY USING THE ROYAL CANIN SITES, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE ABLE AND LEGALLY COMPETENT TO DO SO.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These Terms contain provisions that, unless prohibited by law, limit our liability to you and require you to resolve any dispute with us through final and binding arbitration on an individual basis and not as part of any class or representative action. Please see “DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY” (Section 8) and “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” (Section 10) below for more information.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY PART OF THESE TERMS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ROYAL CANIN SITES.
- CHANGES TO TERMS
The Effective Date of these Terms is set forth at the top of this webpage. We do not intend to change these Terms very often but reserve the right to do so. We will notify you of any material change by posting notice on this webpage. Whenever possible, we will notify you in advance of our changes. We do not make changes that have retroactive effect unless we are legally required to do so.
Your continued use of the Royal Canin Sites after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Terms. The amended Terms supersede all previous versions of the Terms. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms any time you access or use the Royal Canin Sites and to print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS
Certain services offered by or through the Royal Canin Sites, such as mobile applications, sweepstakes, offers contests and other services, may be governed by additional terms and conditions presented in conjunction with them. You must agree to the additional terms before using such services. These Terms and any additional terms will apply equally. If any additional term is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision of these Terms, the additional term will prevail.
- ROYAL CANIN CONTENT
Royal Canin retains full and complete title to all information and materials provided on or through or submitted to the Royal Canin Sites, including any artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips, trademarks, logos and other content (collectively, “Royal Canin Content”).
If you agree to these Terms (as well as any additional terms and conditions related to specific Royal Canin Content), then you may download, print and/or copy Royal Canin Content solely for your own personal use.
Unless Royal Canin provides you with written authorization to do so, you may not:
- Incorporate any Royal Canin Content into any other work (such as your own website) or use Royal Canin Content in any public or commercial manner;
- Copy, modify, reproduce, adapt, reverse engineer, distribute, frame, republish, upload, display, post, transmit, transfer, license or sell Royal Canin Content in any form or by any means;
- Change any of the notices about copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights that may be part of the Royal Canin Content; or
- ‘Deep link’ to any of the Royal Canin Sites (i.e., link to any page other than the home page of one of the Royal Canin Sites).
In addition to job applications, Royal Canin may from time to time offer areas where you and other users can post or otherwise submit information, photos, graphics, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information, ratings, feedback, testimonials, or other materials on or to the Royal Canin Sites (collectively, “Submissions”). By sending, posting or transmitting Submissions to Royal Canin (and/or our designees) or any area of the Royal Canin Sites, you waive your moral rights in the Submissions and grant Royal Canin and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, sublicense (through multiple tiers), distribute, create derivative works of, perform and import your Submissions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you. In other words, Royal Canin has the automatic right to use your Submissions -- including reproducing, disclosing, publishing or broadcasting your Submission -- anywhere, anytime, in any medium and for any purpose. Under no circumstances are you entitled to payment if Royal Canin uses one of your Submissions. All Submissions are deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You are responsible for the content of your Submissions. By posting a Submission, you represent and warrant that:
- You own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission, including without limitation all copyrights and trademarks;
- Your Submission is true and accurate;
- Your Submission does not violate the rights of any other person or entity, such as rights of privacy and publicity; and
- Your Submission complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
You acknowledge and agree that Royal Canin has the right (but not the obligation) to alter, remove or refuse to post or allow to be posted any Submission. Royal Canin takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Submission posted by you or any third party.
Royal Canin strongly encourages you not to disclose any personal information in your Submissions because other people can see and use the personal information in your Submissions. Royal Canin is not responsible for information that you choose to communicate via Submissions.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST AGE THIRTEEN (13) TO USE THE ROYAL CANIN SITES. By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through any of the Royal Canin Sites, you represent that you are not younger than age 13.
IF YOU ARE BETWEEN AGE THIRTEEN (13) AND THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE, YOU MAY USE THE ROYAL CANIN SITES ONLY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AND CONSENT TO YOUR MINOR CHILD’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ROYAL CANIN SITES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR MINOR CHILD. We encourage you to investigate commercially-available parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) that may assist you in limiting access to material considered harmful to minors.
While using the Royal Canin Sites, you will not:
- Create a false identity or impersonate any person, including falsely indicating that you are a Royal Canin official or representative, celebrity or public figure;
- Transmit to or though the Royal Canin Sites any advertisement, solicitation, junk mail or other unsolicited or unauthorized commercial or promotional content (unless expressly permitted in writing by Royal Canin);
- Disrupt or attempt to disrupt the proper working of the Royal Canin Sites (e.g., by hacking into Royal Canin’s servers or Royal Canin’s social media accounts);
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using and enjoying the Royal Canin Sites;
- Use any spambot, bot net or other bot, scraper or other automated means to access the Royal Canin Sites or transmit any virus, worm, Trojan or other malware to or though the Royal Canin Sites;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of any of the Royal Canin Sites;
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of any of the Royal Canin Sites unless you have Royal Canin’ prior written authorization;
- Post or transmit any material or engage in any other behavior or activity that is false, misleading, unlawful, offensive, disruptive, harmful or otherwise objectionable (as determined by Royal Canin); or
- Assist any person in engaging in any of the activities described above.
Royal Canin has the discretion to terminate your access to the Royal Canin Sites without notice for any violation of the above rules. If you access and use the Royal Canin Sites on your smartphone, tablet or other mobile device, you must have wireless service through Wi-Fi or a participating mobile service provider. Certain services may require text messaging (SMS or MMS) capability. You agree that you are solely responsible for all message and data charges that you incur from your mobile service provider. These charges may include standard and premium SMS charges and may be one-time or recurring charges. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Please contact your mobile service provider for pricing plans and details. Royal Canin is not liable for any delays in the receipt of any text messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service provider. Text messages are provided on an “as is” basis and may not be available in all areas at all times.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, including social media (collectively, “Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are not under the control of Royal Canin and Royal Canin is not responsible for Linked Sites or for any information or materials on, or any form of transmission received from, any Linked Site. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by Royal Canin of the Linked Site or any association with the operators of the Linked Site. Royal Canin does not investigate, verify or monitor the Linked Sites. Royal Canin provides links to Linked Sites for your convenience only. You access Linked Sites at your own risk.
Please make sure that you carefully read our Privacy Statement to learn about the information that Royal Canin collects on the Royal Canin Sites and how we process it. Without limiting the terms of our Privacy Statement, you understand that Royal Canin does not and cannot guarantee that your use of the Royal Canin Sites and/or the information provided by you through the Royal Canin Sites will be private or secure. Royal Canin is not responsible or liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are responsible for using the precautions and security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the Royal Canin Sites. Royal Canin reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as Royal Canin deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Royal Canin warrants that Royal Canin has validly entered into these Terms and has the legal power to do so. You warrant that you have validly entered into these Terms and have the legal power to do so.
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES, LIABILITY OR OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, THE ROYAL CANIN SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Royal Canin specifically disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, freedom from defects, uninterrupted use and all warranties implied from any course of dealing or usage of trade. Royal Canin does not warrant that (a) the Royal Canin Sites will meet your requirements, (b) operation of the Royal Canin Sites will be uninterrupted or virus- or error-free or (c) errors will be corrected. Any oral or written advice provided by Royal Canin or its authorized agents does not and will not create any warranty.
YOUR USE OF THE ROYAL CANIN SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL ROYAL CANIN BE LIABLE (Y) FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF ROYAL CANIN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR (Z) FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM, DEMAND OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE ROYAL CANIN SERVICES.
The foregoing disclaimer of liability will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law in the jurisdiction of your place of residence. You acknowledge and agree that the above limitations of liability together with the other provisions in these Terms that limit liability are essential terms and that Royal Canin would not be willing to grant you the rights set forth in these Terms but for your agreement to the above limitations of liability.
You agree to indemnify and defend Royal Canin and its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all losses, liabilities, actual or pending claims, actions, damages, expenses, costs of defense and reasonable legal fees brought against Royal Canin by any third-party arising from your use of the Royal Canin Sites or any violation of these Terms, the rights of a third-party or applicable law. Royal Canin reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification hereunder. In any event, no settlement that affects the rights or obligations of Royal Canin may be made without Royal Canin’ prior written approval.
This Royal Canin Site is developed for use by Canadian residents and, unless the applicable laws of your province of residence requires otherwise, such as in Quebec, these Terms will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of laws on the International Sale of Goods Act.
Unless prohibited by the laws of your province of residence, such as in Quebec, all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms, or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from these Terms (“Disputes”), must be finally resolved by arbitration under the Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc. If your province of residence prohibits mandatory arbitration of the Disputes, you may agree to continue your claim by way of arbitration at your option. Disputes that are subject to arbitration will be resolved by a single arbitrator. The parties agree that they may only bring an arbitration on their own behalf under the Arbitration Rules and not on a representative or class basis. The Seat of Arbitration will be Toronto, Ontario or, with Royal Canin’s permission, your province or territory of residence in Canada. The language of the arbitration will be English in all provinces of Canada other than Quebec, and English and French for an arbitration conducted in Quebec. If this arbitration clause is declared unenforceable for any reason by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, the parties agree that any dispute arising out of or in connect with these Terms, or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from these Terms, will be decided in the Superior Court of Justice (Ontario) or superior court of your province in Canada in which your reside.
These Terms automatically terminate when you fail to comply with any term or condition of them. Royal Canin may terminate or modify your access to the Royal Canin Sites, with or without notice to you, at any time for any reason. For example, access to the Royal Canin Sites may be denied without notice if Royal Canin believes that you are not at least age 13.
Termination will not limit any of Royal Canin’ other rights or remedies. This Section 11, along with Sections 3, 8, 9, 10 and 14, survive termination of these Terms.
You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. Royal Canin reserves the right to limit the availability of the Royal Canin Sites and/or Royal Canin Content to any person or geographic area at any time. Any software offered on or through the Royal Canin Sites may be subject to United States, Canadian or other export controls. No software may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country designated by Royal Canin and/or the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control and/or under any Canadian export or other applicable law or regulation as being subject to sanctions; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated National, the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders or any Canadian government list of prohibited individuals or entities. By downloading or using any software offered on or through the Royal Canin Sites, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
You are solely responsible for any and all duties, taxes, levies or fees (including any sales, use or other taxes) imposed on or in connection with use of the Royal Canin Site by any taxing authority.
We respond to notices of alleged infringement, including by removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity.
If you have a good faith belief that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that your intellectual property rights otherwise have been violated on or through the Royal Canin Sites, please send your claim or notice of infringement to Royal Canin’s Copyright agent at:
c/o Marketing Properties
101 International Drive
Mount Olive, NJ 07828
Please do not send any other correspondence or inquiries to our Copyright Agent.
- These Terms, together with our Privacy Statement, contain the entire understanding by and between Royal Canin and you with respect to the matters contained herein and there are no promises, covenants or undertakings other than those expressly set forth herein.
- These Terms (i) inure to the benefit of and will be binding upon Royal Canin’ and you and your successors and assigns, respectively, and (ii) may be assigned by Royal Canin but you may not assign them without the prior express written consent of Royal Canin.
- If any provision of these Terms is or becomes unenforceable or invalid, the remaining provisions will continue with the same effect as if such unenforceable or invalid provision had not been inserted herein.
- If Royal Canin fails or you fail to perform any term hereof and the other party does not enforce such term, the failure to enforce on any occasion will not constitute a waiver of any term and will not prevent enforcement on any other occasion.
- Nothing contained in these Terms will be deemed to constitute Royal Canin or you as the agent or representative of the other or as joint venturers or partners.
- If Royal Canin is or you are prevented from performing or unable to perform any obligation under these Terms due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of the party invoking this provision, the affected party's performance will be extended for the period of delay or inability to perform due to such occurrence.
- The headings and captions contained herein are for convenience only.
- While these Terms or certain text in these Terms may be made available in languages other than English (whether translated by a person or solely by computer software), unless otherwise required by applicable law, the English language version controls. Pour voir ces conditions d’utilisation en français, s'il vous plaît cliquez ici.